- Creation of the project by Piet Hein Coebergh (professor at the University of Applied Sciences Leiden) and fellow researchers Martien Schriemer (research lecturer) and Wim Elving (professor at Hanze University of Applied Sciences).
- Testing our prototype-questions with:
- Professors: Peter Kerkhof (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam), Joep Cornelissen (Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam), Ionica Smeets (Universiteit Leiden), Christian Burgers (Universiteit van Amsterdam).
- Representatives of Dutch trade associations in communication: LOCO (Landelijk Overleg HBO opleidingen Communicatie), Logeion (communication professionals), NIMA (marketing professionals), VEA (advertising agencies), NVJ (journalists), VPRA (pr agencies), Nevir (ir agencies), DDA (digital agencies), BVPA (pa agencies), SWOCC (research in marketing communication), Eurib (research in marketing communication), BVA (large advertisers), ZZP Nederland (freelancers), MWG (commercial communication).
- Representatives of international trade associations in communication: EACD, Euprera, IPRA, Amec,
- Leading communication directors: Tim van der Zanden (Albert Heijn), Bartho Boer (Nederlandse Spoorwegen), Hans Koeleman (KPN), Saskia Kapinga (Shell), Sytske Seyffert, (Tata Steel), Judith Koster (AirFrance/KLM), Stephan Schrover (Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst), Simone Boitelle (FrieslandCampina), Jan Christiaan Hellendoorn (Algemeen Burgerlijk Pensioenfonds).
- Launching the survey among the 4.000 members of Logeion (Dutch trade organization for communication professionals) and several other trade organizations.
- Publishing and presenting first findings at Logeion’s yearly national congress “C-day” (June 26th): 110.000 communication professionals in the Netherlands (https://www.adformatie.nl/data-insights/er-zijn-110000-communicatieprofessionals-nederland) and qualitative results (https://www.adformatie.nl/pr/beroepsgroep-communicatie-vindt-digitalisering-belangrijkste)
- Publishing and presenting first findings at the yearly international pr congress in Bled (July 5th ) (https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6553404987563626496/)
- Integrating the project in the final year of graduate students in communication of University of Applied Sciences Leiden: each student interviews 4 communication professionals (in industries where more respondents are needed).
- Start of collaboration with het Centrum voor Communicatie & PR (CCPR), the trade organization for communication professionals in Suriname, where we launched our survey at the end of the year.
- Presenting findings of the survey in Suriname, with comparisons with the Netherlands, at the online CCPR communicatiecongres, broadcasted from Suriname (23rd April)
- Start of collaboration with Artevelde University of Applied Sciences Gent, integrating the project in the final year of graduate students in communication of Artevelde Gent.
- Presenting the outline and ambition of the project at the Euprera Congress in Pamplona, Spain, engaging new partners from universities from Barcelona, Vilnius, Bucharest and Covilhã (October 8th).
- Presenting findings of the survey in Flanders and the Netherlands, comparing and discussing, with almost one hundred students and teachers from Leiden and Gent, during a one-day online seminar (22nd December).
- Launch of the linkedin-group “communication research”: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/9127136/ for students, teachers, researchers and communication professionals who are interested in a better understanding of communication as a profession.
- Launching the survey online in six languages: Dutch, English, Spanish, Romanian, Lithuanian and Portuguese.
- Our international research program is officially labeled by EUPRERA (European Public Relations Education and Research Association) as one of their key projects.
- Euprera webinar in May/June on current status.
- Presenting article and results at the Euprera Congress in Vienna (September 21st / 24th) watch https://www.facebook.com/1757985604/videos/769347557496816/
- Launch of the Foundation for communication research in Amsterdam, taking over the project from the University of Applied Sciences Leiden.
- Publication of “What on Earth Do Communication Professionals Do? The Anatomy of Communication Management” on Social Science Research Network: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4439663
- Presenting new results and insights at the EACD summit in Brussels, June 8-9. https://eacdsummit.com
- Presenting new results and insights at the EUPRERA Prague conference, September 20-23. Facts & figures 2017-2023